French Toast with Peaches & Ricotta
Recipe by Justine Schofield
- 1 brioche loaf, crust removed & cut into even thick squares
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 200ml thickened cream
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, plus extra to serve
- 50g melted butter
- 2 tbsp raw sugar
- 1x 700g jar Goulburn Valley Sliced Peaches, juice reserved
- Fresh ricotta, to serve
- Bring the peach juice to the boil & cook until it forms a syrup. Cool slightly.
- Whisk eggs, milk, cinnamon & vanilla together. Dip the brioche slices into the egg mixture, letting any excess drip off.
- Heat a large frying pan, add half of the melted butter to medium heat.
- Add the eggy brioche to the pan & sprinkle over some of the sugar. Fry until golden, turn & sprinkle a little more sugar.
- Repeat with remaining butter & eggy bread.
- Serve French Toast with peaches, ricotta & a drizzle of syrup. Add a pinch of extra cinnamon if desired.
Looking for more inspiration?
Check out some of our suggested recipes for you to try below!