Two Fruit Sponge Cake
Recipe by Justine Schofield
- 700g jar Goulburn Valley Two Fruits, drained well
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 150ml Milk
- 110g Butter, melted
- 150g Almond Meal
- 120g Self-Raising Flour, sifted
- 50g Slivered Almonds
- 2 tbsp Demerara Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and line a rectangular slice tin (27cm x 18cm approx.) with baking paper.
- In a large bowl whisk the caster sugar, eggs and vanilla together until sugar has dissolved. Then mix in the butter and milk until well combined.
- Add the flour and almond meal and fold through with a spatula until a smooth batter has formed. Pour into the prepared Scatter over fruit, slivered almonds and demerara sugar.
- Cook for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool completely in the tin before serving.
Looking for more inspiration?
Check out some of our suggested recipes for you to try below!