Vegetarian Pita Pizza
- 1 large pita round
- 3 tbsp Ardmona Pizza Sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tspn salt
- 100g store bought char-grilled capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grated mixed cheeses (mozzarella, parmesan, cheddar)
- 50g shaved parmesan cheese
- Handful (80g) of fresh rocket
- Preheat oven 220°C. Line 1 oven tray with baking paper.
- In fry pan, over medium heat, add a tablespoon of olive oil and onions.
- After 5 minutes, add a 1/4 teaspoon of salt and cook until caramelised. If onions start to dry out, simply add a little water, one tablespoon at a time. Should take about 20-30 minutes to completely caramelise. Set aside.
- Place pita round on baking tray and spread base evenly with Ardmona Pizza Sauce.
- Top evenly with char-grilled capsicum and caramelised onion. Sprinkle mixed cheese.
- Bake pizza in oven for 12–15 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Top with the shaved parmesan, rocket, and a drizzle of olive oil. Season and serve.