Turkish Eggs (Menemen)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 20g butter
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 green capsicum, finely chopped 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 x (400g) can Ardmona crushed tomatoes 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp black olives
- 50g feta
- Mint, to garnish Dill, to garnish Salt & pepper
- Heat oil and half the butter in a large sauté pan. Add onion, capsicum and garlic and sweat off until soft and translucent. Now add the tomatoes and sugar, salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Turn the heat down, cover with a lid and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Once rich and thick, add the rest of the butter and crack the eggs in and gently swirl through the sauce. Cook for 3-4 minutes then sprinkle over feta and olives and garnish with the herbs and extra oil.