Lamb Cutlets and Herby Tomato Sauce
- 8 lamb cutlets, frenched
- 1 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumbs, extra dry 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- Oil, for shallow frying
- Salt & Pepper
For the tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 x (400g) can of Ardmona crushed tomatoes
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 60g olives of your choice, pit removed and chopped
- 1 tbsp baby capers, drained from brine
- 2 sprigs each of basil, parsley, dill & tarragon, leaves picked & chopped
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- In a saucepan add a tablespoon of oil and heat over a medium heat. Add the garlic and fry for a minute then add the tomatoes and bring to the boil. Add the chilli, sugar, salt and pepper, olives and capers and cook for 15 minutes until the rich and thick. Turn the heat off and add the herbs and sherry.
- In one bowl put the breadcrumbs. In another bowl place the flour. Then, in a third bowl, add the eggs with a splash of water and whisk.
- Season cutlets and then place in the flour mixture, then the egg mixture and finally the breadcrumbs. Repeat the process for all lamb chops.
- Heat enough oil to cover the base of the frying pan and cook the lamb 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Drain well and serve with the sauce.