Cauliflower pizza with goat’s cheese and spinach (GF)
For the base
- 6 cups cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 80g soft goats’ cheese
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the toppings
- 140g Ardmona Pizza Sauce
- 1 goats’ cheese log, roughly chopped
- 3 cups baby spinach, washed
- 1 cup curly kale, thick stems removed, leave snipped
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 2 – 3 tbsp walnuts, crushed
- For the base: Preheat the oven to 200°C (180° fan) | 400F | gas 6. Grease and line a large round baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse until rice-like in texture. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil and cook the cauliflower, covered, for 4-5 minutes until tender.
- Drain well and gather the cauliflower in a large square of muslin or cheesecloth; you can also use a clean tea towel. Wrap the muslin around the cauliflower in a ball-shape and twist well to wring out as much excess water as possible.
- Tip the dried cauliflower into a bowl and add the egg, goats’ cheese, cornflour, and the salt and pepper. Mix well until a rough dough comes together.
- Transfer the cauliflower dough onto the lined tray and roll out into a large round. Brush the top with olive oil.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until dry to the touch and golden-brown all over. Remove from the oven.
- For the toppings: Spread the base with Ardmona Pizza Sauce. Top with the goats’ cheese and return to the oven until the cheese has just melted, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with the spinach, kale, red onion, and walnuts before slicing and serving.