Spiced Tomato Hummus
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas drained, washed and outer skins removed
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 clove garlic
- Juice 1/2 lemon and extra tsp
- 80ml extra virgin olive oil plus an extra tablespoon
- 1 x 400g can Ardmona Diced Tomatoes, juices drained and reserved
- 2 pieces of jarred roasted capsicum, diced
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp harissa
- 1 tsp sumac
- 2 tbsp whole almonds, toasted and chopped
- Parsley sprigs, to serve
- Artisan crackers, to serve
- Salt & pepper
- Crush three cubes of ice in the food processor, then add the chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon and add 3 tablespoons of the reserved tomato juice, and blend to form a crumb. With the motor still going drizzle in 80ml of extra virgin olive oil. Season and keep blending until smooth.
- Mix the drained diced tomatoes and capsicum together in a bowl. Add balsamic, harissa, a squeeze of lemon juice and remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread hummus into a shallow bowl and top with the tomato salsa. Sprinkle over almonds, sumac, parsley to garnish and serve with Artisan crackers.