Quick Tomato Soup
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 10g butter
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 x (400g) cans Ardmona diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- ½ cup pouring cream
- Salt & pepper
- 1 sprig thyme
- Croutons, to serve
- In a pot over a medium heat, slowly saute onion and garlic until softened.
- Add butter and tomato paste and cook off for 30 seconds.
- Add the diced tomatoes, sugar, salt and thyme. Bring to the boil, turn it down to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the thyme, add cream and blitz with a stick blender until smooth.
- Serve with a drizzle of cream, croutons, fresh thyme and pepper.