Parmesan Crusted & Herbed ‘Chicken’ Jaffles
- 2 x 410g can SPC Jackfruit pieces in water
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh soft herbs (we used parsley, basil & chives)
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 8 thick slices white bread
- 80g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup finely grated parmesan
- 180g Jarlsberg or Swiss cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup caramelised onion jam
- Drain jackfruit pieces. Remove firm core ends. Squeeze out excess liquid and roughly shred. In a bowl combine jackfruit, mayonnaise, herbs and pine nuts. Season and mix well.
- Preheat a jaffle maker on high. Spread one side of 4 bread slices with butter. Scatter over half the parmesan, lightly pressing to coat.
- Turn bread over and top evenly with quarter jackfruit mixture grated cheese and spinach leaves. Spread plain sides of remaining bread with caramelised onion jam. Sandwich together onion side down. Spread tops with remaining butter and sprinkle with remaining parmesan.
- Toast in jaffle maker for 2-3 mins each, or until golden and crisp on the outsides and cheese melts in the middle. Cut in half and serve hot!