Japanese Teriyaki Bowls (V)
- 410g can SPC Jackfruit pieces in water, rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, plus extra shredded to serve
- 3/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup podded edamame beans, thawed
- 1 large carrot, shredded into curls
- 4 baby qukes, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Pickled ginger and Toasted Sesame seeds, to serve
- Slice jackfruit into thin wedges through core. Toss in cornflour.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium high. Sauté onions and jackfruit for 3 minutes. Add teriyaki sauce and 1/2 cup water. Simmer for 10 minutes, covered, until jackfruit softens and sauce thickens. Roughly shred with 2 forks.
- Heap cooked rice into 4 serving bowls. Spoon over teriyaki jackfruit. Top with piles of carrots, edamame, cucumber and avocado. Serve with extra shredded onions, pickled ginger and toasted sesame seeds.
Tip: For a quick veg pickle, toss the shredded carrot curls in 1 tbsp of reserved pickled ginger juices.
Looking for more inspiration?
Check out some of our suggested recipes for you to try below!