Slow Cook Korean Chilli Jackfruit (V)
- 2 x 410g cans SPC Jackfruit pieces in water, drained
- 500g small sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 6 green onions, 3cm lengths, tips shredded
- 100g shitake mushrooms
- 1 long red chilli, sliced
- Ramen noodles and steamed baby bok choy, to serve
- 1/2 cup Soy sauce
- 1 small ripe pear, grated
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp gochujang paste
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp Sesame oil
- Combine jackfruit, sweet potato, carrots, mushrooms and green onions in the pot of a slow cooker or a large ovenproof dish with lid.
- Sauce. Whisk all sauce ingredients together in a large jug. Pour over ingredients in pot and add 1 cup of water. Set slow cooker to low and cook for 5 hours. Or cook in a low preheated 120°C oven for 5 hours.
- Roughly shred larger pieces of softened jackfruit in sauce using 2 forks. Top with sliced chilli and shredded green onion tips. Serve with noodles and steamed baby bok choy.
Tip:Sprinkle with some chopped roasted unsalted peanuts for crunch.