Mexican Chilli Chicken with Sweet Potato Wedges
- 1 can Ardmona Rich & Thick Tomatoes Chilli 410g
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 red onion, 1/2 sliced & 1/2 finely diced
- 1 1/2 tbsp Taco Spice Mix
- 2 tbsp BBQ Sauce
- 500g Chicken Tenderloins
- 750g Sweet Potato, peeled & cut into 2cm wedges
- 1 Ripe Avocado, diced
- Salt & Pepper, to season
- Sour Cream & Coriander Leaves, to serve
- Corn Chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 200◦C. Toss sweet potato wedges in 1 tbsp of oil & season with salt & pepper. Spread over a large lined oven tray. Roast for 20 minutes until tender & edges are golden brown.
- Heat remaining oil in a heavy based shallow casserole dish. Sauté sliced onion for 3 minutes, until soft. Stir through taco spice mix & cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in Ardmona Rich & Thick Chilli Tomatoes & BBQ sauce. Stir together & bring to simmer.
- Nestle chicken tenderloins into sauce mixture. Reduce heat to low, place lid on dish & simmer for 12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Using 2 forks, roughly shred chicken in pan & mix through sauce.
- Scoop Chilli Chicken into a bowl. Dollop with sour cream. Scatter avocado, diced onion & coriander. Serve with sweet potato wedges & corn chips if desired.