Spicy Tomato & Lentil Soup
- 2 x 410g Ardmona Rich & Thick Chilli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1 x 400g lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 x 400g chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 80g baby spinach
- Salt & pepper
- 4 tbsp natural greek yoghurt
- 1/4 bunch of coriander leaves, to garnish
- In a large pan, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add onions and cook for 3 minutes until soft and brown.
- Add garlic, celery, carrot, spices and season with salt & pepper. Stir until vegetables are well coated and allow to cook for a few minutes.
- Add cans of Ardmona Rich & Thick Chilli tomatoes and stock. Bring to boil and then simmer for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Add lentils, chickpeas, and spinach. Stir to combine and warm through.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with yoghurt and coriander leaves to serve.
Looking for more inspiration?
Check out some of our suggested recipes for you to try below!