Corn fritters with Baked Beans in BBQ Sauce
- 2 x 420g tinned can corn kernels, drained
- 2 eggs
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, extra to serve
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- 1 x 425g can baked beans in BBQ Sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- Combine half the corn, eggs, onion and coriander in a food processor and blend until roughly chopped, return to a mixing bowl and combine with remaining corn, garlic, flour and season with salt & pepper.
- Heat 2 tbs oil in a large heavy based frying pan, using a 1/4 cup to measure each corn cake and fry for 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Place SPC baked Beans in a microwave safe bowl, cover, heat on high for 2 minutes, stir and heat for a further 30 seconds or heat in a small saucepan over low heat and heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly until heated through.
- Serve topped with chopped avocado, baked beans and fresh coriander leaves.