Chocolate Prune Smoothie
- 425g can SPC prunes in juice, drained, retaining ¼ cup juice, seeds removed
- 1 banana, cut into chunks (frozen if liked)
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 ½ cups low fat milk, chilled
- Ice, raspberries, micro mint to serve
- Place seeded prunes, reserved juice, banana, spinach, oats, sunflower seeds, cocoa powder and chia seeds into the jug of a blender or food processor.
- Pour over the milk and place the lid of the blender on firmly.
- Process the mixture on high until it is well combined and smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Serve in a tall glass over ice. Top with raspberries and mint. If liked, omit chia seeds and store smoothie in the fridge up to 24 hours.