Cheesy Roasted Kale Gnocchi with Spicy Tomato Sauce
Our flavoursome roasted kale gnocchi will warm you up from the inside out, perfect for those cool Autumn nights.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 brown onions, finely diced
- 4 clove garlic, crushed
- 2.9kgs SPC Chunky Crushed Tomatoes
- 3 long red chilli, sliced
- 1 ltr vegetable stock
- 300g kale, chopped
- 500g mozzarella cheese, torn or grated
- 3kg potato gnocchi
- 200g parmesan, finely grated
- 1 bunch of Basil leaves to serve
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts to garnish
- Preheat oven 160C.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat and cook onion for 7 minutes
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes
- Add SPC Chunky Crushed Tomatoes, red chilli, vegetable stock and bring to a simmer. Cook, partly covered, for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place kale on a baking paper lined tray and cook for 15 minutes, tossing half way.
- To the sauce, add mozzarella and stir through. Season to taste.
- Cook the gnocchi in boiling salted water following the pack instructions.
- Scoop out gnocchi with a slotted spoon into sauce and toss through.
- Add roasted kale and parmesan. Fold through.
- Garnish with basil leaves and pine nuts.
Looking for more inspiration?
Check out some of our suggested recipes for you to try below!