Apricot and blackberry cake
Impress your family and friends with this homely apricot and blackberry cake.
- 500g unsalted butter, chopped and softened
- 250g caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 eggs (room temperature)
- 5 cups plain flour, sifted
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cup milk
- 3kg SPC halved apricots, drained
- 500g frozen blackberries
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat oven to 180°c.
- Beat in an electric mixer butter, sugar and vanilla until light and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon over the butter mixture.
- Add the milk and beat until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 20cm x 30cm slice tin lined with non-stick baking paper; smooth the top with a palette knife.
- Arrange the SPC halved apricots and blackberries over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.