Crispy Chicken with Eggplant & Tomato Sauce
Recipe by Justine Schofield
- 1 x 400g can Ardmona Diced Tomatoes
- 6 Chicken Cutlets (chicken thigh with bone & skin intact)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 Eggplant, cut into 3cm pieces
- ½ cup of Dry Sherry
- 40g Raisins
- 20g Pine Nuts, toasted
- Parsley, chopped to garnish
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat oil in a large oven-safe sauté pan over medium heat.
- Season chicken with salt & pepper. Sear chicken, skin side down, for 6-8 minutes until crisp & blistered. Turn to seal on the other side for 2 minutes then remove from the pan.
- To the same pan, add eggplant & season with salt. Sauté for 8-10 minutes until softened & golden.
- Add the garlic & raisins, & toss through the eggplant. Then deglaze the pan with sherry before adding the can of tomatoes.
- Clean the can out with 200ml of water & also add to the pan. Nestle chicken skin side up in the sauce. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, garnish with pine nuts & parsley to serve.