- 4 egg-whites
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice or verjus
- 700g container Goulburn Valley peaches, drained
- ½ cup thickened cream
- 125g marscapone or smooth ricotta
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pistachios
- Preheat oven to 150°C (130°C fan-forced). Lightly grease and line an oven tray with baking paper. Outline a 20cm (22cm?) circle.
- In a large, clean bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg-whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar, one tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar dissolves and foam is stiff, thick and glossy. Beat in lemon juice.
- Spoon mixture onto tray, spreading to a 20cm round in a decorative shape, with a slight recess.
- Bake 20 minutes. Reduce oven 120°C (100°C fan-forced), and bake a further 1.5 hours. Cool completely in turned off oven, with door ajar.
- Filling. In a medium bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat cream to soft peaks.
- Whisk into mascarpone with vanilla by hand until smooth (sweeten with a little icing sugar if liked).
- In a small food processor, puree ½ cup peach slices. Swirl half through filling (optional).
- Dollop filling onto cold pavlova. Pile with remaining peach slices and drizzle with remaining peach puree (optional). Sprinkle with nuts and dust with icing sugar if liked.
*Tip: Ensure egg whites are at room temperature for an optimum foam.