Mango and Sweet Chilli Marinated Prawn Skewers
A bit of sweet, a hint of sour, and a lot of freshness.
- ½ cup Goulburn Valley Mangoes, drained, ¼ cup juice reserved
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 16 raw banana prawns, shells removed
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and cut into 5 cm lengths
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1 green chilli, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp micro chervil
- In a small blender, blend together Goulburn Valley mangoes, reserved juice, sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce, lemon juice, turmeric, paprika, salt and pepper. Set aside ¼ cup for serving.
- In a large bowl, pour the marinade over the prawns and let them sit for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak bamboo skewers in cold water.
- Thread 2 prawns onto each bamboo skewer, alternating with spring onion.
- Heat BBQ or grill pan on high.
- Add prawn skewers and lemon halves to the hot surface and cook for a 3 minutes before turning to cook through and slightly char.
- Serve skewers with the reserved marinade and charred lemon halves. Sprinkle with coriander, green chillies and chervil.
Looking for more inspiration?
Check out some of our suggested recipes for you to try below!