Mango and Sweet Chilli Marinated Prawn Skewers
A bit of sweet, a hint of sour, and a lot of freshness.
- ½ cup Goulburn Valley Mangoes, drained, ¼ cup juice reserved
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 16 raw banana prawns, shells removed
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and cut into 5 cm lengths
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1 green chilli, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp micro chervil
- In a small blender, blend together Goulburn Valley mangoes, reserved juice, sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce, lemon juice, turmeric, paprika, salt and pepper. Set aside ¼ cup for serving.
- In a large bowl, pour the marinade over the prawns and let them sit for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak bamboo skewers in cold water.
- Thread 2 prawns onto each bamboo skewer, alternating with spring onion.
- Heat BBQ or grill pan on high.
- Add prawn skewers and lemon halves to the hot surface and cook for a 3 minutes before turning to cook through and slightly char.
- Serve skewers with the reserved marinade and charred lemon halves. Sprinkle with coriander, green chillies and chervil.