Mini Pavlova (Peach and Rosewater)
Our Rose water and Peach Pavlova Nests are perfectly crunchy on the outside and deliciously light and gooey on the inside.
- 5 large egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 5 tsp rose water
- 1 1/3 cups heavy cream
- 2 tbsp pure icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups Goulburn Valley Peaches, drained and halved
- 2 tbsp dried rose petals
- 2 tbsp pistachios, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 105C and line two baking sheets with baking paper. For same size nests, draw 3 inch circles on the parchment paper and turn the paper upside down.
- In an electric mixer, beat egg white at medium speed until foamy.
- Add cream of tarter and salt, and beat at medium-high speed until soft peaks form.
- Add sugar 1 tbsp at a time and beat on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Add 3 tsp rosewater and beat for a few seconds.
Put meringue into a pastry bag with a decorator tip.
- Outline the nests and fill the bottoms with meringue. Build up the nest with two rows of meringue.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until the nest are dry to touch. Turn off oven and leave the nests in oven for 2 hours to continue to dry.
- For the whipped cream, beat the heavy cream with the icing sugar, vanilla and remaining rose water on high speed until medium peaks form.
- Set aside.
- To plate the pavlova nest, place 2 slices of Goulburn Valley peaches inside the nest. Spoon in cream, top with more peach slices and sprinkle with dried rose petals and pistachios.