Loaded Mexican Baked Sweet Potato with Corn Salsa
- 2 x 410g cans SPC Jackfruit pieces in water
- 4 x 250g small sweet potatoes, halved lengthways
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp Ardmona tomato paste
- 120g Mexican spice mix
- Coriander sprigs, to serve
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 corn cob, husk removed
- 125g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large roasting tray with baking paper. Drain jackfruit pieces. Remove firm core ends. Squeeze out excess liquid and roughly shred.
- Place the sweet potatoes on tray. Coat in half of the oil and season. Arrange cut side down on tray. Bake 40 minutes, turning halfway, until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium. Sauté onion and garlic for 3 minutes, until soft. Stir in Ardmona tomato paste, cooking for 30 seconds. Add Mexican spice mix and stir for a further 30 seconds. Add jackfruit and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 mins, or until slightly thickened.
- Corn Salsa. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan over medium high. Cook corn for 10 mins, turning on all sides, until plump and lightly charred. When cool enough to handle, remove kernels from cob. In a bowl combine corn, tomatoes, avocado, vinegar and remaining oil. Season and gently toss to combine.
- Top sweet potatoes with Mexican jackfruit and spoon over salsa. Serve with coriander sprigs.