BBQ Pulled Jackfruit Burgers
- 2 x 410g cans SPC Jackfruit pieces in water, drained
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp BBQ spice rub of choice
- 1/3 cup barbeque sauce, plus extra to drizzle
- 410g can Ardmona rich and thick chopped tomatoes
- 6 soft white damper bread rolls, split
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- Sea salt potato crisps, to serve
- 1/4 red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 large green apple, finely sliced into matchsticks
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Slice jackfruit into thin wedges through core. Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium high heat. Sauté jackfruit and BBQ spice rub for 3 minutes, until spices are well toasted.
- Add barbeque sauce and Ardmona tomatoes to the pan. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer 15 minutes, covered, stirring often, until jackfruit softens. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes until sauce thickens slightly.
- Apple Slaw. Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl to combine.
- Spread bases of rolls with mayo. Pile with slaw and spoon over BBQ jackfruit. Drizzle extra barbeque sauce. Top with bun lids. Serve with potato crisps.
Tip: For a homemade BBQ spice mix combine 2 tsp smoked paprika with 1 tsp each of ground cumin, chilli, garlic and mustard powders.
Looking for more inspiration?
Check out some of our suggested recipes for you to try below!