Thai Green Jackfruit Curry (V)
- 1 1/2 cups white quinoa, well rinsed
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1/2 cup Thai green curry paste ( see tip)
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 410g can SPC Jackfruit pieces in water, drained
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 green capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed, split lengthways
- 200g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- Thai basil leaves, toasted coconut flakes and lime wedges, to serve
- Place the quinoa and 3 cups of water in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 mins, or until liquid is absorbed. Set aside, covered, for 10 mins to steam.
- Heat the oil in a wok over high heat. Stir-fry curry paste for 2 minutes, until fragrant. Stir in the coconut cream and bring to a simmer
- Cut jackfruit pieces in half through the core. Add to curry sauce with lime leaves. Simmer 15 minutes, covered, until jackfruit is just tender. Add capsicum, broccolini and snap peas. Simmer for 2 minutes, until broccolini and snow peas and bright green and still snappy. Remove from heat
- Season curry with lime juice and sugar to taste. Top with Thai basil leaves and coconut flakes. Serve with steamed quinoa and lime wedges.
Tip: For vegans and vegetarians, choose a brand of Thai curry paste that does not contain any fish products.
Looking for more inspiration?
Check out some of our suggested recipes for you to try below!