This flavoursome lamb vindaloo a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 800g lamb chops, chopped into small cubes
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, mined
- 1 – 2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 handful coriander, chopped, stalks and leaves separated
- 1/4 cup Vindaloo paste
- 400g Ardmona Diced Tomatoes
- 2 1/2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add lamb and sear all sides for 5 minutes, remove and set aside.
- Reduce heat to low-medium and add the remaining oil.
- Cook onion for 5 minutes or until starting to brown.
- Add garlic, chilli flakes (adjust to heat tolerance), ginger powder, pepper, coriander stalks and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the seared lamb and vindaloo paste, stir to coat.
- Add Ardmona diced tomatoes, vinegar, brown sugar, bay leaf and 1 cup water, and stir together.
- Increase heat to medium and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 45 minutes with a lid on, stirring occasionally.
- Once the meat is tender and cooked, season to taste.
- Serve topped with coriander leaves and on a bed of basmati rice.
Looking for more inspiration?
Check out some of our suggested recipes for you to try below!