Tomato soup and prosciutto toasties.
The perfect winter warmer, our tomato soup and prosciutto toastie will warm you from the inside out.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 410g Ardmona Rich and Thick Mixed Herbs Tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 loaf light rye, thickly sliced
- 100g prosciutto
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1 green chilli, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook onions and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add Ardmona Rich and Thick Mixed Herbs Tomatoes, stock, tomato paste, pepper and salt.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Puree with an immersion blender.
- Prepare toasties by layering the bread with prosciutto, mozzarella and chilli.
- Toast in a sandwich press until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
- Serve soup with the toastie and topped with chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Looking for more inspiration?
Check out some of our suggested recipes for you to try below!