Fruity Breakfast Muffins
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, plus 2 tbsp extra for topping
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped natural almonds, finely chopped
- 1 cup Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 410g can two fruits in juice, drained, retaining 1/4 cup juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
- Preheat oven to 160°C fan-forced (180°C conventional). Lightly grease and line six holes of a Texas (3/ 4 cup) muffin pan with overlapping strips of baking paper.
- Sift flours together into a large bowl, returning husks. Stir in oats, brown sugar and almonds.
- In a large jug, whisk yoghurt, eggs, olive oil, reserved juice and vanilla together.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Add yoghurt mixture all at once with 2 fruits. Mix lightly until just combined. Do not over-mix. Divide mixture evenly among recesses.
- Sprinkle tops with combined extra oats and almonds. Bake 30-35 minutes, until cooked when tested.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container or freeze individually wrapped muffins.
This mixture makes 12 standard 1/3 cup sized muffins – bake 15-20 minutes.