- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 chicken thigh cutlets, trimmed
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 medium red capsicum, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 410g can Ardmona Rich and Thick Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 140g Ardmona Tomato Paste
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 8 sprigs thyme, leaves picked, plus extra leaves to serve
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1/2 cup mixed olives
- Heat half olive oil in a large, lidded frying pan on high. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add to pan in 2 batches and cook 3-4 minutes each side until well browned. Transfer to a plate. Drain off pan juices.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan on high. Saute onion, capsicum, carrot, celery and garlic 2-3 minutes until vegetables begin to soften.
- Deglaze pan with red wine, before stirring in tomatoes, stock, tomato paste, chilli sauce, brown sugar, oregano, thyme leaves, rosemary sprigs and seasonings.
- Return chicken to pan. Simmer, partially covered, 35-40 minutes. Stir in olives. Simmer 10 minutes more. Serve sprinkled with extra thyme leaves.
Tip: Water can be used instead of chicken stock.