Chicken Wing Tagine
Transport yourself to Morocco with our chicken wing tagine. Our Ardmona tomatoes help make this mouth-watering Moroccan inspired dish a new family favourite.
- 1.2 kgs chickpeas
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2kg chicken wings
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 red onions, sliced
- 4 carrots, roughly chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 x 400g cans Ardmona diced tomatoes
- 300g dried apricots, chopped
- 2 lemons, zested and halved
- 2 bunches parsley, roughly chopped
- In a large bowl, soak chickpeas in enough water to cover and leave overnight.
- In a large saucepan or tagine, heat 1 tbsp oil over medium to high heat and sear chicken on both sides until golden brown, set aside.
- Heat remaining oil over a medium heat. Add onion and carrots, cook for 2-3 minutes or until translucent.
- Add garlic and spices, cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add Ardmona Diced Tomatoes, soaked chickpeas and 1/2 cup of water and stir well. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for 7-10 minutes.
- Place chicken on top of mixture, turn to coat, cover and cook for 20mins
- Add apricots and lemon zest and cook for a further 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the meat is nicely cooked and starting to fall off the bone.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding salt as desired.
- Top with parsley and lemon halves, and serve with couscous.