Pear & Double Chocolate Mousse
Glorious dark chocolate and our beautiful Goulburn Valley pears make for a beautifully indulgent dessert!
- 100g dark chocolate
- 100g white chocolate
- 150m double cream
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 2tbsp/30ml orange flavoured liqueur, brandy or rum (optional)
- Goulburn Valley Pears
- Break the two chocolates into two small bowls, melt in the microwave or place one at time over a pan of simmering water. Cool slightly.
- Lightly whip the cream until it forms soft peaks. Whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl until they are shiny and stiff.
- Stir the liqueur (optional) and two egg yolks into the dark chocolate, then fold in one third of the cream and half the egg whites.
- Stir the remaining egg yolk into the white chocolate, then fold in the remaining cream and egg whites.
- Layer the two mousses into four glasses and top with Goulburn Valley Pears