Peach and Coconut Trifle
- 85g packet mango flavoured jelly
- 825g SPC Peaches Sliced in Mango Nectar
- 560g double unfilled vanilla sponge cake
- 1/2 cup (125ml) coconut flavoured rum liqueur
- 750ml thick vanilla custard
- 8 pack ready-made meringue nests
- 450ml thickened cream
- 4 fresh passionfruit
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut flakes
- Dissolve jelly crystals, in a heatproof jug, following packet instructions. Pour into the base of a 12 cup trifle dish with 20cm wide base. Chill in fridge for 2 hours, or until jelly sets.
- Cut sponge cake into 2.5cm cubes. Measure liqueur into a shallow bowl. Add the reserved mango nectar. Working one at a time, dip half the sponge cake cubes into liquid and arrange over jelly to make a single layer, pressing up against edge of glass.
- Dollop half of the custard evenly over sponge layer. Sprinkle with half of the coconut and drizzle pulp of 1 passionfruit. Arrange 1/3 of peach slices around the edges of the bowl, pressing cut sides around edge of glass. Sprinkle with 4 roughly crushed meringue nests.
- Repeat layers of soaked sponge, custard, coconut, passionfruit and peaches.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk the cream to soft peaks. Pile large dollops of cream in centre of trifle, leaving a rim of peaches uncovered around the edge. Chill until ready to serve.
- To decorate top of trifle, break remaining meringue nests into large pieces. Arrange on top with remaining peaches. Drizzle with pulp of passionfruit. Sprinkle with coconut flakes. Serve straight away.
- Fresh passionfruit can be replaced with canned pulp instead
- For a non-alcoholic version, swap the coconut rum for pineapple juice