Coconut Crusted Prawn and Grilled Mango Skewers
- 8 Prawns, peeled with tails left on
75gm plain flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 150gm desiccated coconut
- Vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- Goulburn valley mango pieces, drained and grilled on grill pan
- 2 long red chili, finely diced
- 2 Spring onion, thinly sliced
- Mango, chili mayo dipping sauce
- 75ml mango syrup, from jar
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 2 tsp sriracha hot sauce
- To make dipping sauce, heat a small saucepan over high heat, add mango juice, caster sugar and lime zest and juice. Stir to combine, cook until thickened and reduced by about half (7-9 minutes). Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, Separate flour, eggs and coconut in separate small shallow bowls. Dip one prawn in flour to lightly coat, dip in egg, then in coconut, lightly pressing to coat. Repeat with the remaining prawns. Transfer to a tray lined with baking paper and place in the fridge for 30 mins to set.
- Add enough vegetable oil in a medium saucepan to reach a depth of 5cm. Place over medium heat to reach 180C. Cook the prawns, in batches, for 2 mins or until golden brown and crisp. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a tray lined with paper towels. Thread on to skewers, with mango pieces in between prawns, top with chilli and spring onion and serve with mango, chilli dipping sauce.