Chilled Rice Pudding with Fruit Salad
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 275ml can coconut cream, reserve ¼ cup for serving
- ½ cup Arborio rice
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 whole star anise
- 1 tsp mixed spice, plus extra to serve
- 410g can SPC fruit salad in juice, drained, retaining ½ cup juice
- Toasted chopped macadamia to serve
- Mint leaves, to serve
- In a large saucepan combine coconut milk, coconut cream, rice, sugar, cinnamon stick, star anise and mixed spice. Stir over low heat 2-3 minutes, until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, stirring often, until rice is tender and mixture is thick.
- Discard cinnamon stick and star anise. Cool slightly and stir fruit salad through. Spoon rice and fruit mixture into 4 x 1 cup serving bowls or glasses.
- Chill and serve topped with a drizzle of reserved coconut cream, macadamia and a sprinkling of mixed spice.
Looking for more inspiration?
Check out some of our suggested recipes for you to try below!