Apricot and Cream Cheese Pastries
- 125g spreadable cream cheese
- 1 ½ tbsp icing sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 825g can SPC apricot halves in juice, drained, retaining ½ cup (see tip)
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced (200°C conventional). Line two oven trays with baking paper.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla together until smooth.
- Cut each pastry sheet into quarters. Spread 2-3 tsp cream cheese mixture diagonally across each pastry square.
- Arrange 3-4 apricots, cut side down, over filling. Fold two corners in over apricots, brush one side with a little egg and press together gently.
- Place pastries onto trays. Brush each with a little whisked egg. Sprinkle evenly with sugar.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until pastries are golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Dust with icing sugar before serving.
Looking for more inspiration?
Check out some of our suggested recipes for you to try below!