Baked Beans Burger
- 2 x 425gm SPC baked beans in tomato, drained, 2/3 cup liquid set aside
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup parsley leaves
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, grated
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, crushed
- 1 3/4 cups breadcrumbs
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 6 Brioche bread rolls
- 6 cheddar cheese slices
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced lengthways with a peeler
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- Combine half baked beans, onion, parsley leaves and egg in a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped and combined. Transfer mixture to a bowl with remaining baked beans, carrot, garlic and breadcrumbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Using wet hands combine 6 burgers the same diameter as rolls and place on a tray to refrigerate for 1/2 an hour.
- Heat 1/2 the oil in a large heavy based frying pan and fry half the patties for several minutes on each side until golden, finish with remaining oil and patties.
- Heat oven grill and toast rolls until golden, place slices of cheese on the base of each roll and grill until melted serve topped with lettuce, baked bean burger, tomato slices, cucumber and mayonnaise.