Apricot and Blackberry Cake
Impress your family and friends with this homely apricot and blackberry cake.
- 185g unsalted butter, chopped and softened
- 1¼ cups + 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2¼ cups plain flour, sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup milk
- 700g Goulburn Valley apricots, drained
- 250g frozen blackberries
- Extra icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat oven to 180°c.
- Beat in an electric mixer butter, sugar and vanilla until light and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon over the butter mixture.
- Add the milk and beat until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 20cm x 30cm slice tin lined with non-stick baking paper; smooth the top with a palette knife.
- Arrange the Goulburn Valley apricots and blackberries over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.