Tomato, Capsicum and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
Our Tomato, Capsicum and Cheese stuffed Chicken is colourful, delicious and guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser this Christmas.
- 400g Ardmona Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1/3 cup bottled roasted red capsicums, chopped
- 1/4 cup mozzarella, torn
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tbsp dukkah
- 200g mixed salad leaves
- 100g steamed green beans, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano
- Preheat oven to 220C and line a medium sized baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine Ardmona Diced Tomatoes, roasted capsicums and mozzarella in a bowl.
- Cut a horizontal slit along the thin, long edge of each chicken breast, nearly through to the opposite side.
- Season the chicken and fill each chicken breast “pocket” with a generous amount of the tomato mixture, press the edges together and seal with toothpicks.
- Place the chicken in the prepared baking dish, any remaining tomato mixture spoon on top of the chicken and drizzle with oil.
- Bake the chicken for 20 to 30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the chicken is 74C.
- Meanwhile combine rice, quinoa and dukkah in a bowl.
- To serve, plate the chicken on a bed of salad leaves, beans and grains. Top with fresh oregano.