Sticky Apricot Chicken Wings
- 1 kg/ chicken wings split
- 1 x SPC 410g Apricot halves in Juice (half the juice removed)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch of pepper
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ cup water
- salt to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC
- Blitz all the glaze ingredients in a blender, transfer to a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Place the chicken wings in a large bowl then season with salt.
- Pour over half of the glaze and stir to coat the chicken wings well.
- Transfer the chicken wings to a baking sheet, leaving some space around the wings to ensure they caramelise well. Use two sheets if necessary.
- Place in the oven and allow to bake for 30-40 minutes, basting with the glaze every 15 minutes, until the chicken wings are cooked through, sticky and caramelised.
- Remove from the oven and serve with the remaining glaze for dipping.