Spiced Cardamon Panna Cotta
- 1 1/2 cups pouring cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp 5 cardamom pods, bruised
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 3 tsp gelatine
- 1/4 cup just boiled water
- 825g can SPC pears sliced in juice, drained, retaining 1/2 cup juice
- 1/2 cup torn raspberries (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped glace ginger (optional)
- Lightly grease Chill 6 x ½ cup dariole moulds or ramekins.
- Combine cream, milk, sugar, cardamom pods and vanilla in a medium saucepan. Bring to boiling point, stirring, over a medium heat, 2-3 minutes until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Remove cardamom pods from milk mixture.
- Quickly whisk gelatin into just boiled water with a fork until dissolved. Cool slightly. Whisk about ½ cup cream mixture into the melted gelatin, then whisk this into the cream mixture.
- Spoon 1 tsp of cream mixture into chilled moulds. Place 1 pear slice in base of each. Chill 5 minutes until pear is secure.
- Fill each with remaining mixture. Place on a tray. Chill overnight before unmoulding.
- To unmould, run the point of a knife carefully around the edge of each mould. Immerse one at a time in a small amount of hot water for 2-3 seconds. Invert onto a serving plate. Shake firmly. Carefully remove mould. Chill until required.
- Reduce reserved juice by boiling in a small saucepan 10 minutes. Allow to cool. Cut remaining pear slices into small pieces, mix with raspberries and ginger. Pour over cooled syrup. Spoon fruit over panna cotta to serve.