SPC Baked Bean Bubble & Squeak
Use up the last of those veggies in our take on breakfast baked eggs.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 100g cooked mixed vegetables (we used carrot, potatoes and onions)
- 1/2 cup SPC baked beans
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic, tomato puree and dried oregano and cook for 2 minutes
- Add canned tomato. Simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add cooked vegetables and heat through for 5 minutes.
- Add SPC Beans 1/4 cup boiling water, salt and pepper and stir through.
- Make 2 hollows and crack in the eggs. Reduce heat to low, cover with a lid and simmer gently until the eggs are cooked. For a runny yolk cook for 5 to 6 minutes; for a fully set roll cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat when eggs are done. Sprinkle with parsley.
Looking for more inspiration?
Check out some of our suggested recipes for you to try below!