Spanish Pork Stew
- 40g butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 750g pork fillet, trimmed, sliced
- 1 green capsicum, seeded, sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 250g cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup red or white wine
- 3 cups chicken stock or water
- 410g can Ardmona Rich and Thick Chopped Tomatoes (see tip)
- 140g Ardmona Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 cup stuffed green olives, halved
- Heat half butter and oil in a large frying pan on high. Brown pork in 2 batches, 4-5 minutes per batch. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining butter and oil in same pan. Saute capsicum, onion and garlic, 2-3 minutes until tender. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, 2-3 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with red wine, before stirring in stock, tomatoes, tomato paste, paprika and seasonings.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, 15-20 minutes. Mix in olives just before serving.
Tip: For added flavour, stir in a 260g jar char grilled capsicum, drained and chopped. Serve topped with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of chopped parsley if liked.
Looking for more inspiration?
Check out some of our suggested recipes for you to try below!