Spaghetti with Tomato & Ricotta
- 500g spaghetti
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2x 410g cans Ardmona Rich & Thick Classic Diced Tomatoes
- 125g fresh ricotta, broken
- 1 cup picked basil leaves, plus extra to serve
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water following packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan on high with a splash of olive oil. Sauté onion, 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Stir in Ardmona tomatoes and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring. Season to taste.
- Drain pasta. Return to pot and toss through tomato sauce mixture.
- Add ricotta and basil leaves, tossing gently. Sprinkle with extra basil leaves and serve immediately, accompanied with crusty bread and salad.
Tip: Retain a little of the water that pasta was cooked in and add to the mixture while tossing if the sauce has reduced too much.