Spaghetti with Tomato & Ricotta
- 500g spaghetti
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2x 410g cans Ardmona Rich & Thick Classic Diced Tomatoes
- 125g fresh ricotta, broken
- 1 cup picked basil leaves, plus extra to serve
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water following packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan on high with a splash of olive oil. Sauté onion, 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Stir in Ardmona tomatoes and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring. Season to taste.
- Drain pasta. Return to pot and toss through tomato sauce mixture.
- Add ricotta and basil leaves, tossing gently. Sprinkle with extra basil leaves and serve immediately, accompanied with crusty bread and salad.
Tip: Retain a little of the water that pasta was cooked in and add to the mixture while tossing if the sauce has reduced too much.
Looking for more inspiration?
Check out some of our suggested recipes for you to try below!