Polenta with Zucchini and Tomato Sauce
Recipe by Justine Schofield
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 French shallots, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1 x (400g) can Ardmona diced tomatoes
- 200g instant polenta
- 1.5L vegetable stock
- 25g butter
- 2 large handfuls of finely grated Parmesan (or buffalotto), plus extra to garnish
- 1 tsp balsamic glaze
- Basil, to serve
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and shallots, season with salt and pepper. Cook for a minute, add the zucchini and cook for a further 4-5 minutes to soften.
- Add the Ardmona diced tomatoes and half the can filled with water, bring to the boil. Turn the heat down and cook for 10-12 minutes until thick and rich.
- Bring the stock to the boil and rain in the polenta, whisk to ensure there is no clumping. Add the salt and cook the polenta for 5-8 minutes, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until thick.
- Remove from the heat and fold through the butter and grated cheese.
- Spoon polenta onto shallow plates and top with tomato sauce.
- Drizzle over a little balsamic glaze and top with basil and extra buffalotto if desired.
Looking for more inspiration?
Check out some of our suggested recipes for you to try below!