Plum and Blueberry Cheesecake
This Plum and Blueberry Cheesecake is the perfect indulgent dessert when entertaining this summer.
- 1 3/4 cups Arrowroot biscuits crumbs
- 1/3 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 750g cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups Goulburn Valley Plums, pit removed and sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup & 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 100g white chocolate, shaved
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease a 20cm spring form pan.
- Whisk biscuit crumbs, butter, salt and 1/4 cup of the sugar together in a medium bowl until combined.
- Press firmly onto bottom of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove and let cool.
- Reduce oven heat to 160C.
- Once the pan reaches room temperature, carefully wrap the outside of the pan in 2 layers of aluminium foil, being sure that there are no gaps where water could seep through. Place the pan in a large roasting dish, and bring a kettle or pot of water to boil in preparation for the water bath. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese on medium speed for 3 minutes or until smooth.
- Add the remaining 1 cup sugar and beat for 1 minute.
- Add Greek yoghurt and vanilla, and beat for 2 minutes, stopping halfway to scrape the bottom of the bowl with a spatula.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed after each addition until just blended.
- Pour into crust.
- Place the double pans on the bottom shelf in the oven.
- Carefully use a kettle (or large measuring cup) to pour the boiling water in the larger pan to form a water bath around the spring form, so that it comes up about 3 cm around the springform.
- Bake about 1 hour 30 minutes, or until centre is almost set (The cake should still jiggle ever so slightly).
- Turn oven off, and open oven door slightly. Let cheesecake set in oven for 1 hour.
- Remove cheesecake from oven, carefully run a knife around the edges of the cake, and then let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Mean while, prepare the plum and blueberry topping by placing Goulburn Valley plums, blueberries and 1/4 cup water in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a simmer and stir occasionally for 15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 1 tbsp water and corn starch. Stir into fruit mixture and boil for 1 minute or until the mixture thickens.
- Remove cheese cake from the tin, and top cheesecake with plum and blueberry topping, blueberries, Goulburn Valley plums and white chocolate shavings before serving. Enjoy!