Peaches and Cream Wreath Pavlova
- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice, or vinegar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 700g Goulburn Valley Peaches in Juice, drained, retain 1 tbsp juice
- Pistachios, finely chopped to serve
- 300ml tub thickened cream
- 1 tbsp pure icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g tub mascarpone
- Preheat oven to 150°C/130°C fan-forced. Grease and line an oven tray with baking paper. Outline a 20cm circle on paper.
- In a large, clean bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar, one tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar dissolves and foam is stiff, thick and glossy. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Spoon mixture onto tray, spreading to form a 20cm round wreath shape.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Reduce oven to 120°C/100°C fan-forced, and bake for 1½ hours. Turn oven off and cool completely in turned off oven, with door ajar.
- For the mascarpone cream, use an electric mixer to beat cream, icing sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Gently fold in mascarpone.
- In a small food processor, puree 1/2 cup peach slices with reserved juice.
- Dollop cream onto cold pavlova. Top with peach slices, sprinkle pistachios and drizzle with peach puree.