Peach Melba Ice Cream Cheesecake
- 200g plain sweet digestive biscuits
- 50g butter, melted
- 180g good quality white cooking chocolate, melted
- 825g SPC Peaches Sliced in Mango Nectar
- 300g frozen raspberries
- 2 litres vanilla ice cream
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- Fresh raspberries, to decorate
- Line the base of 22cm round springform pan with a square sheet of baking paper, clipping in place over edges of pan. Line sides of pan, extending 2cm collar above the sides.
- Process biscuits to fine crumbs. Tip into a large bowl. Stir in melted butter. Add half of the melted chocolate and mix to coat evenly. Spread crumb evenly over base of pan, pressing down firmly with the back of a greased fork. Freeze for 20 minutes, until firm.
- Meanwhile, to make white choc shards, line a flat upturned tray with baking paper. Pour remaining chocolate onto paper and spread into a thin layer with a palette knife, approx. 15x 20cm in size. Cool for 10 minutes. When half set (almost dry to touch but still flexible and soft) roll up paper into a loose 5cm log. Place in the fridge to set.
- Drain SPC Peaches over a large bowl, reserving the mango nectar. Pour the remaining ½ cup of mango nectar into a medium saucepan. Add frozen raspberries and place over medium heat. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until raspberries break down and liquid in pan reduces by half. Chill in the fridge until cool.
- In a food processor, puree ¾ of the drained peach slices until smooth. Scoop in 1/3rd of the ice cream. Pulse to combine and puree peaches. Scrape into a bowl. Return to the freezer while you work to prevent mix from melting.
- Place cream cheese in clean food processor with ½ cup of reserved mango nectar to loosen. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides to incorporate any lumps . Add the remaining ice cream to food processor. Pulse until just combined. It should be the consistency of soft serve. Scrape into a large bowl.
- Using half of the ice cream mixtures, dollop alternating large spoonfuls into pan (peach mix will be runnier than the cheesecake mix). Drizzle with about 5 tablespoons of raspberry sauce. Repeat with remaining ice cream mixtures and some more raspberry sauce. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- Unclip frozen cake from pan and remove baking paper. Unroll white set chocolate roll to break into long shards. Position on top of cake. Decorate top with remaining peach slices and fresh raspberries. Drizzle with remaining raspberry sauce.
Tip: The Ice cream does not need to be pre softened. It should be used from straight from the freezer to prevent it from melting too much in the food processor.