Minestrone Soup with Herb Bread
Our hearty minestrone soup with herb bread is the perfect winter warmer.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 2 400g cans Ardmona Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup dry fusilli pasta
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium low medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, carrot, and celery. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Add in zucchini, green beans, and diced tomatoes.
- Stir in vegetable broth, beans, pasta, and dried herbs. Simmer until vegetables and pasta are tender, about 35 minutes.
- Season soup with salt and pepper and serve warm. Garnish with parmesan cheese, if desired.
- 1 sourdough loaf
- 125g butter, melted
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp fresh sage, chopped finely
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Cut bread into thick slices, but being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Combine butter, herbs, salt and paper in a bowl.
- Spread mixture over and in-between each slice of bread. Wrap in tin foil.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the bread is crisp. Enjoy!
Looking for more inspiration?
Check out some of our suggested recipes for you to try below!