Lamb and Pearl Couscous
Our Lamb and Couscous salad is the perfect mid-week meal.
- 1 tbsp rosemary, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar reduction
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 lamb steaks
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 250g pearl or Israeli couscous
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 cup Ardmona Rich and Thick Mixed Herbs Tomatoes
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 lemons, quartered
- 1/2 mint leaves
- Combine rosemary, balsamic vinegar reduction, garlic, salt and pepper with the lamb in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 3 hours.
- Place 1 tbsp of olive oil in a medium saucepan on medium heat and sauté the pearl couscous for 5 minutes.
- Add stock and Ardmona tomatoes to the couscous mixture. Lower the heat to medium low and cook covered for 12 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- When couscous is cooked, spread on a baking sheet and allow to cool at least 15 minutes.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a medium skillet and cook steaks for 3-4 minutes each side for medium-rare. Leave to rest for 4 minutes.
- Cut lamb steaks across the grain in thick slices. Season to taste.
- Plate lamb and couscous, garnish with mint and lemon quarters. Enjoy!