Halloween Apricot Pie
Scare the kids this Halloween with our Apricot Pie.
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed but still cold
- 825g SPC Apricots, drained but reserved 2 tbsp of juice
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1/2 tbsp almond meal
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp full cream milk
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- In a small bowl, whisk corn flour, almond meal and reserved juice.
- In a large bowl, gently toss the apricots with cornflower mixture, vanilla and cinnamon.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out each piece of puff pastry into a 35 cm square.
- With one pastry square, cut out your goolish Halloween face.
- Ease the uncut pastry square into a deep 25 cm pie dish.
- Add the apricot mixture into the shell.
- Lay over the cut pastry square on top.
- Press the edges together to seal and trim the overhand to 2 cm.
- Crimp the edge decoratively then freeze the pie for 1 hour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
- Place the apricot pie on a baking sheet brush the top with milk and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Cook pie in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 190C and bake for a further 40 minutes until the top is deep golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool slightly before serving.