Fruit Salad Cake Decoration
Here’s how to take your cake to the next level to wow the kids.
- 1 cup SPC Fruit (mix of Fruit Salad, Peaches and Apricots)
- 1 tub store-bought chocolate frosting
- 2 blocks dark chocolate
- FruMax Pouches
- Prepare and bake cake according to SPC Fruit Salad Cake directions, using two greased 20cm round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Melt 1 block of dark chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute, stirring halfway. If it needs more time, heat in 15-second increments, set aside.
- Shave the other chocolate block with a peeler or cheese grater, set aside.
- Spread frosting and 1/2 cup of SPC fruit between cake layers.
- Spread 2 tbsp melted dark chocolate over the top.
- Pour small amounts of dark chocolate around the edge to create drips down the cake.
- Top the cake with SPC fruit around the edge.
- Blob SPC FruMax and Pure & Simple pouches around the SPC Fruit.
- Pile chocolate shavings on top of the cake in the centre.